Your access to and use of the Word&Way Web Site (“Site”) is subject to the following terms and conditions and all applicable laws. By accessing and browsing the Site, you agree to and are bound by these Terms and Conditions and acknowledge that this Agreement shall supersede any existing agreements, either oral or written with respect to the subject matter hereof, by you and the Word&Way.
- COPYRIGHT. The United States copyright laws protect all images, text, programs, and other materials found in the Site. Any commercial use of the images, text, programs or other materials found in the Site is strictly prohibited without the express written consent of Word&Way.
- ACCURACY OF INFORMATION. While Word&Way uses reasonable efforts to include accurate and up-to-date information in the Site, Word&Way makes no expressed or implied warranties or representations as to the accuracy or merchantability of the Site’s content or programming. Neither Word&Way, nor its information contributors, can be held responsible for the accuracy of the information and everything on the Site is provided to you “as is.”
- USER RESPONSIBILITY. The personal and/or professional use of and browsing in the Site by you, the User, are at your own risk. Neither Word&Way, its agencies, nor any other party involved in creating, producing or delivering the Site is liable for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect or punitive damages arising out of your access to, or use of, the Site. Word&Way also assumes no responsibility, and shall not be liable for, any damages to or viruses that may infect your computer equipment or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing in the Site or your downloading of any materials, data, text, images, video or audio from the Site.
- IMAGES. Images of people or places displayed on the Site are either the property of, or are used with permission by, Word&Way. The use of these images by you, or anyone else authorized by you, is strictly prohibited unless specifically permitted by these Terms and Conditions or specific permission is provided elsewhere on the Site. Any unauthorized use of the images may be in violation of copyright laws, trademark laws, the laws of privacy and publicity, and communications regulations and statutes.
- TRADEMARKS. The trademarks, logos, and service marks (collectively referred to as “Trademarks”) displayed on the Site are registered and common law Trademarks of Word&Way and others. Nothing contained on the Site should be construed as granting, by implication or otherwise, any license or right to use any Trademark displayed on the Site without the express written permission of Word&Way or such third party that may own Trademarks displayed on the Site. Your use of the Trademarks displayed on the Site, or any other content on the Site, is strictly prohibited. You are also advised that Word&Way will enforce its intellectual property right to the fullest extent of the law, including seeking criminal prosecution.
- LINKS. Word&Way has not reviewed any or all of the sites linked to the Site and does not assume responsibility for the content of any off-site pages or any other sites linked to the Site. Linking to the Site, off-site pages or other sites is done at your own risk and without the permission of Word&Way.
- MISCELLANEOUS COMMUNICATIONS. Although Word&Way may, from time to time, review or monitor discussions, chats, postings, transmissions, bulletin boards, and other communications on the Site, Word&Way is under no obligation to do so and assumes no responsibility or liability arising or resulting from the content of any such locations nor for any error, defamation, libel, slander, omission, falsehood, obscenity, pornography, profanity, danger or inaccuracy contained in any information within such locations on the Site. You are prohibited from posting or transmitting any such unlawful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic or profane material or any material that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any federal or state law. Word&Way will fully cooperate with any law enforcement agency or authorities or court order requesting or directing Word&Way to disclose the identity of anyone found in violation of these Terms and Conditions with regards to the posting of any such information or materials.
- SOFTWARE AND TECHNICAL DATA. Software and other materials from the Site may be subject to United States Export Control laws, which prohibit the export of certain technical data and software to certain territories. No software from this Site may be downloaded or exported into any country to which the United States has embargoed goods or to anyone in the United States Treasury Department’s list of Specially Designated Nationals or the United States Commerce Department’s Table of Deny Orders. Word&Way does not authorize the downloading or exportation of any software or technical data from the Site to any jurisdiction prohibited by the United States Export laws.
- UPDATES AND REVISIONS. Word&Way may at any time update and revise these Terms and Conditions by updating this posting. You are bound by these updates and revisions and are encouraged to therefore periodically review these Terms and Conditions to which you are bound.
Word&Way and the Word&Way logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Word&Way. Other company, product, and service names may be trademarks or service marks of others. Word&Way is an equal opportunity employer and values the diversity of its people.
For Magazine Subscribers
Personally identifiable information (data about you) is collected when you subscribe through the web pages available via our site. These web pages are hosted for Word&Way by our Circulation Service Provider, Cambey & West Inc.
This personally identifiable information includes your name, email address, mailing address and phone number that you provided. You will have also provided a credit card to pay for your subscription, and while needed for processing your payment, the card number is not stored. Instead the transaction ID received back from the card processor is stored. All of the personally identifiable information data is stored within the Cambey & West system, which has been tested and verified to be PCI compliant as a Level 1 Service Provider by an independent agency. This is a thorough and rigorous testing of the security, proving the inability to penetrate and acquire any data stored within it.
When you submitted a subscription form via our site, you entered into an agreement with us to provide you the subscription you requested in exchange for personally identifiable information and the subscription fees. From time to time we make our magazine subscribers’ names and postal addresses available to reputable companies whose products or services we think may be of interest. If you want us to exclude your name from these mailings, please call us at 1-833-406-3176 or send a letter to Word&Way, PO Box 405, Congers, NY 10920-0405, asking us not to release your name to third parties (include your address label if possible). Please allow 12 weeks for your request to take effect.
For Website Users
We track how our visitors use this site so that we can see what people like and don’t like. We also analyze and aggregate information about use patterns and share the aggregated data with our advertisers (for example, we keep track of how many users see and click on particular advertisements). We may also collect personal information about you via registration for newsletters, commenting, donations, subscriptions and other areas. Where you have an opportunity to supply information about yourself you may choose not to provide requested information but in such cases you may not be able to use certain functions on this website.
We will not release your email address to anyone outside WordandWay.org without your consent, unless we are under a legal order to do so, or there is an emergency involving danger to a person or property.
If you chose to provide your personally identifiable information for the purposes of a third-party contest, survey or newsletter, your consent shall be deemed to be given for the release of your personally identifiable information with regard to that third party only, in addition to WordandWay.org. Only authorized Word&Way employees or consultants are allowed access to personal information about you. Any employee or consultant who violates our privacy and security policies is subject to disciplinary action.
We occasionally have service contractors, third party agents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and joint ventures that perform functions on our behalf, including but not limited to credit card processing and website hosting. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, and are contractually obligated to maintain the confidentiality and security of the data. They are restricted from using or altering this data in anyway other than to provide the requested services to WordandWay.org. In addition, we may always share, disclose, and transfer all information, postings, and any and all other personal and non-personal information we have collected to a successor-entity in the case of the sale of the assets of Word&Way, corporate reorganization, merger, change in control, or other similar transaction.
Use and Disclosure of Anonymous Information
Anonymous Information is any information other than personally identifiable information, including aggregate information derived from personally identifiable information.
WordandWay.org may use this information:
To improve the WordandWay.org website and service, to monitor traffic and general usage patterns, and for other general business purposes.
To inform publishers as to what content is appealing to readers, to inform advertisers of the usage habits or characteristics of the interested audience, and to advise potential donors so that they may better understand WordandWay.org’s user base.
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier that is sent to your browser from a web site’s servers and stored on your computer. Each web site can send its own cookies to your browser if your browser’s preferences allow it, but (to protect your privacy) most browsers only permit a web site to access the cookies that the same web site has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other sites.
We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads on our behalf. These companies may employ cookies and action tags to measure advertising effectiveness. All computers and servers on the internet use IP addresses to recognize and communicate with each other. We collect IP addresses to administer and analyze our site and report aggregate, non-personal information (such as how many visitors we have). When you call up our site on your computer, our servers enter the IP address of that computer into a log. To maintain our users’ anonymity, we do not associate IP addresses with records containing personal information.
WordandWay.org employs a number of security methods designed to prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure correct use of information.
No data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be secure. As a result, while we try to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure or guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. We are not liable for the illegal acts of any third party.
Links to Other Sites
WordandWay.org provides links and pointers to Web sites maintained by other organizations. WordandWay.org provides these links as a convenience to users, but it does not operate or control such sites. WordandWay.org also disclaims any responsibility for the information on those sites and any products or services offered there, and cannot vouch for the privacy policies of such sites. WordandWay.org does not make any warranties or representations that any linked sites, or this site, will function without error or interruption, that defects will be corrected, or that the sites and their servers are free of viruses and other problems that can harm your computer.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
WordandWay.org is not directed to children (persons under the age of 13), and we do not knowingly collect, either online or offline, personally identifiable information from children. If you believe that we have received information from a person under 13, please contact us by email or in writing at Word&Way, PO Box 1771, Jefferson City, MO 65102-1771, and we will take appropriate action.
Disclaimers and Limitations of Liability
ALTHOUGH WE TAKE REASONABLE STEPS TO PREVENT THE INTRODUCTION OF VIRUSES, WORMS, OR OTHER DESTRUCTIVE MATERIALS AND PROGRAMS TO OUR SITE, WE DO NOT GUARANTEE OR WARRANT THAT OUR SITE OR MATERIALS THAT MAY BE DOWNLOADED FROM OUR SITE ARE FREE FROM SUCH DESTRUCTIVE FEATURES. WE ARE NOT LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR HARM ATTRIBUTABLE TO SUCH FEATURES. WE ARE NOT LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, LOSS OR INJURY BASED ON ERRORS, OMISSIONS, INTERRUPTIONS OR OTHER INACCURACIES IN OUR SITE, NOR FOR ANY CLAIM, LOSS OR INJURY THAT RESULTS FROM YOUR USE OF THIS SITE OR YOUR BREACH OF ANY PROVISION OF THIS AGREEMENT.